SW Version 1.3 Released 03/2021
SW 1.3 Updates
- OPN Version is now displayed on the version screen
- Improved firing reliability after several disconnects during a show firing operation
- Added firing flashes back into the FM when firing a scripted show
Due to the finding of a bug in the firing system, though hard to make happen in the wild repeatedly, this release is coming out to address it. Customers with version 1.2 FMs should update before their next show to ensure the error doesn’t occur for them.
Instructions to update your Firelinx Firing Module
- Check which software version your mods have. If it’s a lower version from the file shown below, you’ll need to update your Firing Modules. Check which version you have by powering on your modules and press the DOWN arrow; the software version will appear on the screen.
- If you need to update, download the zip file by clicking the download button below. Once you unzip the file, a BIN file will open. Drag the FM BIN file onto a USB drive. If you’re updating your Firing Modules and Command Module, please make sure to only have ONE update on the USB drive at a time.
- Power on all Firing Modules and the Command Module. Join all Firing Modules to the Command Module to run the update.
- Insert the USB drive containing the FM SW update into the Command Module’s USB port. Click on MENU > press 7 on the Numpad > press ENTER – the CM will check for updates. Follow the steps on the screen. Once the FMs update occurs, the FMs will power off completely; leave them powered off if you have a CM update to run.
- Power on and check that the software version on all your Firing Modules reflects the SW Version name in the file you downloaded.